Sony a7CR Mirrorless Camera (Black)
Call for price
- 61MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI Sensor
- BIONZ XR Image Processor
- Shooting Up to 8 fps, ISO 50-102400
- 240.8MP Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
- 10-Bit Full-Frame 4K60p Video
- S-Log3, S-Gamut3, S-Cinetone, User LUTs
- 7 Stops of In-Body Image Stabilization
- 693-Point Phase Detection, 79% Coverage
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3″ 1.03m-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Touchscreen
- Order in The Next to get it by October 5, 2023
- Real Time 77 Visitor Right Now
Sony A7CR Overview
A Compact Powerhouse for Everyday Carry
61MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor and BIONZ XR Processor
Improved Processing Engine
Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
Accurate Exposure and Color
Next Generation AI-Based Autofocus
AI Processing Unit
Using dedicated processing, the a7RC’s autofocus is greatly benefitted by more intelligent subject tracking and recognition capabilities along with the reliable hybrid AF system Alpha cameras are known for. Real-time Recognition AF works with seven different selectable target types:
- Human, which tracks body and head positions for accurate portraits. Real-time Eye AF performance has also been improved by 60% thanks to the human pose estimation capabilities.
- Animal, Bird, and Animal/Bird modes are now 40% more accurate for tracking and recognizing a variety of animal types. Recognition of these subjects includes dogs, cats, birds and more, with the ability to pinpoint focus on eyes and recognize animal bodies and heads.
- Insect recognition offers even finer performance with the ability to detect the head or entire insect subject.
- Car/Train and Airplane recognition means the camera can detect the front part of a train, nose of an airplane, or easily detect the entire fast-moving subject.
- Real-time Tracking benefits from AI-based subject recognition for following moving subjects, making it particularly well-suited to sports and action subjects. Also, Human pose estimation allows the camera to distinguish between multiple people and maintain focus on the targeted subject; even if someone crosses in front, the camera maintains focus on the key person.
Advanced Fast Hybrid AF
- Covering 79% of the full-frame image area, or 100% of the APS-C cropped area, a Fast Hybrid AF system incorporates a dense 693 phase-detection point grid for quick and precise focusing in a variety of lighting conditions with sensitivity down to -4 EV. This focusing system is available for use in all recording modes, to benefit both video and stills applications.
- Full-time DMF (Direct Manual Focus) enables using the lens’s focus ring for manual focus control at any time, making it easier to switch focus to a different subject even when working with AF.
- For photographic moving subjects, this AF system keeps up with the top 10 fps continuous shooting speeds, offering full-time AF tracking between each consecutive frame.
- In-camera focus bracketing is possible, with the ability to record up to 299 frames with sequentially shifted focus points for creating composite images during post-production with greater-than-possible depth of field.
AF During Video Recording
- Real-time Eye AF is fully supported during video recording, for subject detection and tracking of human, animal, and bird eyes while shooting.
- Focus Map is a unique way of visualizing depth of field and functions in a similar way to peaking with a colorful overlay of the scene that indicates which parts of the scene are in front of and behind the focus point depending on the chosen aperture.
- A feature carried over from the FX6 digital cine camera, AF Assist lets you intuitively switch over to manual focus control for adjusting focus position when working with AF. This is a quick way to shift selective focus between various subjects in a scene while recording.
- A unique solution to compensate for how certain lenses perform when racking focus, Focus Breathing compensation will automatically smooth focus transitions and maintain a consistent field of view when changing the focus position during a shot. This mode crops into the image slightly and corrects for any detected shifts in composition when focusing is happening.
- Record full frame, 60 fps 4K video in 10-bit 4:2:2 using the advanced XAVC S-I format for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s, and, if recording externally via the full-size HDMI port, 16-bit raw output can be used for even greater tonal reproduction and post-production flexibility.
- If using a Super 35 crop, full pixel readout recording is possible at up to UHD 4K at frame rates up to 30p or 6.2K oversampling can be used for greater sharpness and detail.
- Raw output is supported at up to 4K 60p and simultaneous internal 4K recording is possible, too.
- If recording in Full HD, high-speed, 120 fps recording enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate playback set to either 30p or 24p.
- The S-Log3 and S-Gamut3.Cine Gamma Curves allow for more than 15 stops of dynamic range and for increased post-production flexibility, including matching video from other Sony Cinema Line cameras.
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- Creative Looks can be baked into the recorded footage to create a specific mood during recording and minimize the need for editing.
- User-created LUTs and presets can be set for accurately monitoring footage or previewing a specific look during shooting and can be applied to the camera’s monitor, EVF, or HDMI output.
Body Design and Connectivity
- The introduction of a front command dial puts an added level of control and speed at the tip of your forefinger and ensures that you won’t be all thumbs at the moment of peak action.
- Use the camera’s USB output function with UVC/UAC control via a computer for streaming applications and broadcasts.
- Built-in 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi allows communication on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites.
- Integrated 3.5mm headphone and microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording.
- The 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution, .70x magnification means for eye-level monitoring and sports and a dedicated 120 fps mode for smoother viewing when tracking moving subjects.
- The side-opening, vari-angle 3.0″ 1.03m-dot LCD touchscreen works from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Accepts the high-capacity Z battery rechargeable lithium-ion battery and can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Robust magnesium alloy body offers a durable profile and incorporates dust and moisture seals to protect against harsh environments.