Paper Communication is a sole proprietorship company based in Islamabad, Pakistan. As a sole proprietorship, Paper Communication operates its business without the use of subsidiaries. Therefore, all references to “Paper Communication” and its subsidiaries should be disregarded. Instead, all references should be directed towards the owner of the company who operates the business under the name of “Paper Communication”.
This policy describes how Paper Communication collects, processes uses and discloses your personal information as a data controller, when you contact us, use our services or interact with our platforms including websites and mobile apps (together “Platforms”).
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS?
- Sets out the types of personal information we collect;
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal information
- Explains when and why we may share personal information within Paper Communication and with other organisations;
- Explains how we protect the personal information we collect; and
- Explains the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information
This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
- Buying / Ordering services or products from Paper Communication over the phone, in store, or online
- Using any of our platforms, including websites (“our Websites”), public Wi-Fi networks, or
- Being a member of any of our loyalty schemes (e.g. MyClub)
- Taking part in our promotions & competitions and registering to receive our newsletters and offers
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our Services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you register to our services, we may collect:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, and passport or ID number
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
- Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
When you shop with us online, browse our Websites, we may collect:
- Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered / bought and how you paid);
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites);
- Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
- Information about your precise geolocation.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
- Personal information you provide about yourself;
- Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click on; and
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
Other sources of personal information
At Paper Communication, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not collect personal information about you from any sources outside of your interactions with us, such as your use of our services or websites. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide to us, such as when you sign up for a newsletter or create an account.
We do not obtain personal information from specialist companies, online media channels, our partners, public registers, or any other sources. We will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide you with our services or to comply with legal requirements.
If we are required by law to collect personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you, we will inform you about the types of personal information that we collect, how we use it, and any third parties that we may disclose it to.
At Paper Communication, we believe that transparency is key to building trust with our customers. If you have any questions about how we collect, use, or disclose your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to be used in accordance with this Policy, you will still be able to visit our Platforms but you may not be able to access certain options, products or services, and in some cases we may not be able to fulfill a service you request.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Make our Services available to you
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
- Processing your orders and refunds; and
- Managing the accounts you hold with us.
This is so we can provide the services to you in line with our contractual obligations to you.
Personalise your experience
We may use your personal information to personalise the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
- Using your online browsing behaviour as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services;
- Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on Our Websites and on other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners;
Contact and interact with you
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
- Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
It is in our legitimate business interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notice about our services.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We analyse information about how you use our services to:
- Manage and improve our Websites and Mobile Apps;
- Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you;
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take your privacy seriously and do not share your personal information with any third parties except in the limited circumstances outlined below:
We may share the personal information collected for the purposes listed above.
We may work with Service Providers who operate online media channels and place relevant online advertising for our products and services, as well as those of our suppliers and Retail Partners, on those online media channels on our behalf. For example, you may see an advertisement for our products and services when you use a particular social media site.
We work with carefully selected Service Providers who perform certain functions on our behalf, such as technology services, data storage and processing, payment processing, and order delivery. We only share personal information that is necessary for our Service Providers to perform their services for us.
We do not share your personal information with any Retail Partners, except when it is necessary to provide their services to you, such as when you purchase products from them through our Services. In such cases, we only share the personal information that is required for the Retail Partner to fulfill your order, such as your name, contact details, and shipping address.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
At Paper Communication, we understand the importance of keeping your personal information confidential. We do not share your personal information with any other organizations, except in the following limited circumstances:
- If required by applicable law or a public authority, we may be obligated to share your personal information.
- If we need to share your personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. This includes situations where we need to provide personal information to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk.
- In the event that we sell or transfer any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you, we may need to share your personal information with the organization to which we sell or transfer. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organization receiving your personal information will use your personal information in the same way as we do.
- If we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you to another party, we may need to share your personal information with that party.
At Paper Communication, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. We do not share your personal information with any other organizations for marketing purposes or any other purposes unrelated to the provision of our services, unless we have obtained your prior consent to do so.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, technical, and organisational safeguards to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and destruction. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services.
Paper Communication is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please submit your request via our Privacy Webform
However, we will retain and use your registration information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out from receiving these communications or change your account settings, this will remove you from marketing lists.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding the services or products you bought from us and responses to enquiries made to us, and that we may hold your details on a suppression list so we don’t send you marketing communications in the future.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work
Improve the performance of our Websites and Mobile Apps
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Deliver relevant online advertising
Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our Websites by other organisations, and always with our permission. These Cookies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. This means that you may see our adverts on our Websites and on other organisations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organisations on our Websites.
To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through Cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected (e.g. Loyalty program).
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
Your choices when it comes to Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our platforms. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use some of our products and services that require you to sign in.
AGGREGATE DATA, DATA ANALYTICS AND SOCIAL MEDIA FUNCTIONALITY
We may aggregate personal information and remove any identifying elements in order to analyse patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse Platform use, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our Platforms’ content, layout, products and services, and we may appoint third parties to do this on our behalf, as set out above.
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our Platforms. This information may include which webpage you just came from, which webpage you next go to, what browser you are using, your device and your IP address. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of our Platforms, and do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you.
If you use buttons on our Platforms linked to social media or similar sites (for example “Like” and/or “Share” buttons), content from our Platforms may be sent back to that other website or service and, depending on your privacy settings, may be privately or publicly visible (for example to friends, followers, or generally to anyone who has access to your profile page).
You have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you, by submitting your request via our Privacy Webform
In addition, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- withdraw any consents you have provided for our use of your personal information;
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, or out of date, please write to the address above to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honour your requests.