Zhiyun Crane-2S Overview
The Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 2S Combo Kit includes the CRANE 2S gimbal and the TransMount Mini Dual Grip Lite, which is a side handle that attaches to the bottom of the gimbal. With this additional grip attached, the gimbal can be held with two hands. This capability can be useful in a variety of applications. The kit also includes a spare set of batteries, bringing your total to two sets of three 18650 batteries. Each set provides an up to 12-hour runtime. Using the included triple charger, you can recharge one set while continuing your shoot with the other.
The CRANE 2S, a follow-up to the highly popular Crane-2, has been upgraded to better suit the needs of filmmakers. Featuring a new-generation 9th Instune Algorithm that improves the responsiveness of each axis, the CRANE 2S is capable of stabilizing large cameras such as the Blackmagic Pocket 6K, Panasonic S1H, and Canon EOS 1DX Mark II along with accessories.
To support a collaborative process, the CRANE 2S offers dedicated mounting points for attaching an optional Zhiyun-Tech TransMount transmitter. Another new feature, integrated to support the growing demand for social media content, is a vertical quick release mount that enables you to set your camera up vertically. Besides this, a new FlexMount system is used for mounting your camera the standard way. This technology simplifies the mounting and setup process while securing your camera with a double-safety mechanism. The axis-locking mechanism for balancing a camera has also been improved with a two-phase locking design. The axis-locking mechanism additionally ensures that there’s no movement of the gimbal components during travel or storage.
The grip handle of the gimbal is made out of carbon fiber so the gimbal feels lighter in your hand. The built-in handwheel on the side of the handle has been upgraded to allow for very low delay when controlling an add-on lens motor, sold separately, so you can make adjustments with more precision. (When using both a focus and zoom motor, you can set the handwheel to control your choice of one or the other.) On the bottom of the handle is a 1/4″-20 thread that allows you to attach the included mini tripod to be used as a stand or as an extension that can be held with the other hand for more control.
Using the companion iOS/Android mobile app, advanced cinematic functions such as panorama, time-lapse, motion-lapse, and long exposure time-lapse can be performed with the gimbal to achieve creative results. Many of the gimbal’s parameters can be adjusted via this app, while many key modes and parameters can be accessed directly from the 0.96″ OLED screen right above the handle.
The CRANE 2S also supports a variety of dedicated Zhiyun-Tech TransMount accessories, which include servo motors. The quick release plate included with the gimbal is compatible with many common tripod heads so you can efficiently move your camera between the gimbal and tripods, sliders, and other camera supports. Also included are a lens control and multiple camera control cables to allow for a comprehensive workflow.
- Kit includes the CRANE 2S, TransMount Mini Dual Grip Lite side handle, and a spare set of three 18650 batteries
- 9th Instune Algorithm with high axis responsiveness
- Support for large cameras such as the Blackmagic Pocket 6K, Panasonic S1H, and Canon EOS 1DX Mark II
- Six modes: pan follow, lock, follow, full-range POV, vortex, and Go modes
- Dedicated mounting points for attaching an optional Zhiyun-Tech TransMount transmitter
- FlexMount camera mounting system with a double safety mechanism
- Vertical quick release camera mount
- Quick release plate compatible with many tripod heads and sliders
- Two-phase axis locking mechanism for balancing a camera and for storage/travel
- Carbon fiber handle
- Low-delay handwheel performance when used with optional lens motors
- Up to 12-hour runtime
- 360° pan motion
- 0.96″ OLED screen
- Panorama, time-lapse, motion-lapse, and long exposure time-lapse via the companion iOS/Android app
- 1/4″-20 thread on the bottom