Sony ZV-1 Overview
A comprehensive starter bundle for the budding content creator, the Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera With Vlogger Accessory Kit pairs the sleek vlogging-intended digital camera with the Vlogger Accessory Kit, which includes the GP-VPT2BT Wireless Shooting Grip and a memory card.
Grab the Best of Life
24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Processor
UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
- Internal recording of UHD 4K video is possible in multiple frame rates up to 30 fps using the full width of the sensor with 8-bit 4:2:0 color sampling using the 100Mbps XAVC S codec.
- Oversampled 4K recording is also possible, which uses a 6K capture area within the Super 35 area, for greater detail. This full pixel readout is void of pixel binning for higher quality imagery with reduced moiré and aliasing.
- Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the ZV-E10 allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras, which squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional Rec. 709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
- In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
- Interval shooting mode is ideal for creating time-lapse movies with the aid of Imaging Edge software. Intervals can be selected between 1-60 seconds for recording up to 9999 sequential frames.
- 4K video recording also avails the ability to produce 8MP stills during playback by taking a frame grab from a movie and storing it as a separate file.
- Slow & Quick (S&Q) mode allows shooters to capture Full HD video at specified steps between 1-120 fps. These settings will allow you to slow down action as well as speed up a slow-moving scene.
Covering nearly the entire sensor area, a powerful 4D FOCUS system incorporates 425 on-chip phase-detection points along with 425 contrast-detection areas for precise focusing in as little as 0.02 seconds. The density of focusing points from this hybrid AF system also enables High-density Tracking AF Technology, which is adept at tracking moving subjects in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Real-time Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized human subjects’ eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes and for both stills and video.
- Eye AF can be used when photographing animal subjects, too, with any focusing mode when shooting stills.
- Lock-on AF maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject
- Expand Flexible Spot employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus
- The Focus Magnifier function can be used for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details
- Rear touchscreen can be used for Touch Focus and Touch Tracking control and a Touchpad Focus Control mode lets you use the rear screen intuitively while keeping your eye to the viewfinder
- In addition to autofocus, the a6400 also features a Peaking MF function to benefit manual focus control by highlighted sharp edges of contrast for a more objective means of acquiring sharp focus
Body Design and Connectivity
- Tru-Finder 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring.
- A 3.0″ 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180° upward or 74° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- The touchscreen design avails access to Touch Focus control, for immediate focus point selection, as well as a Touchpad function which lets you smoothly and intuitively select a focus point on the screen while you’re looking into the viewfinder.
- Integrated 3.5mm microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording.
- The included NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for approximately 410 shots per charge when working with the LCD screen or 360 shots when using the viewfinder.
- In addition to the battery, the a6400 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a6400 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera’s shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
There are no reviews yet.