A long-reaching telephoto optimized for sports, wildlife, and nature shooting, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR Lens features an advanced optical design that both lessens the overall weight of the lens as well as contributes to improved image quality. Two fluorite and four extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the aperture range while Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings help to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and clarity. Complementing the image-enhancing attributes, the lens also incorporates a front fluorine-coated meniscus glass element that, when paired with the weather-resistant magnesium-alloy barrel, supports working in inclement conditions.
Benefiting working in fast-paced conditions, as well as in low-light situations, Vibration Reduction image stabilization compensates for the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops, and dedicated Sport and Tripod Modes help to produce sharper imagery for specific shooting applications. A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Super telephoto designed for use with FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, this lens is also compatible with DX models where it will provide a 900mm equivalent focal length.
- Two fluorite and four extra-low dispersion lens elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops, benefiting this lens’s use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Fluorine-coated front meniscus glass element affords protection to the optical system.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium-alloy lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.
- A removable tripod collar is included with the lens for well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod. The collar ring also incorporates ball bearings for smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.This mechanism limits the compatibility of this lens to the following cameras: D5, D4, D3 series, Df, D850, D810, D810A, D800/E, D750, D700, D610, D600, D500, D300/S, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, Nikon 1 J1, J2, J3, J4 with FT-1, Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3 with FT-1, and Nikon 1 S1, S2 with FT-1.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.